Saturday, March 19, 2016

Personal Journal


March 11, 2016

Today, I got a lesson about describing myself in my writing class. It was very exciting as I could tell people about what I like and hate. I learned about gerunds which have to be used after some verbs such as like, hate, enjoy, can’t stand, etc. Since gerunds are verbs which are changed into noun, we can also use them as subjects. 

After an interesting lesson, I came into an unpleasant situation. My lecturer announced that according to the result of a discussion held by all writing 1 lecturers, we were asked to make a brief autobiography and a journal as requirements to have a midterm test on writing 1. When I heard that announcement, I was so outraged, but grateful of that. I felt that way because I had my own reason.

Last week, actually we had been explained about our final tasks before the midterm tests. My lecturer told us about the autobiography project was supposed to be written in 2000 words. In my opinion, that announcement was so sudden because we had not given any syllabuses yet. At that time, I was extremely shocked and worried whether I could finish it in a week or not. 

Without any certain and further information, I had been working on it gradually for about three days. As a matter of fact, I did it until midnight that I felt sick and tired because of lack of sleep. I had done the task because I was afraid that it would be submitted on the following week.

Despite feeling disappointed, I realized that my lecturer had tried his best to help us. Saying honest, I appreciated his effort that our task had finally been reduced. Over all, there is no use crying over spilt milk. All I can do now is to start doing all the tasks so that I am able to join the midterm test. I have decided to brace myself and face whatever ahead as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment