Monday, February 29, 2016

Malang: My City Is My home


Most people who live far away from their hometowns absolutely miss the towns where they were born once in a while. As every town is unique, people will always remember their hometowns wherever they go. I also live in Surabaya, which is far away from my hometown. I think about going home sometimes since my hometown, Malang, is a special city for me. Therefore, I am going to tell you why my hometown is so special.

Malang is a city which is located in the highlands. It is the second biggest city after Surabaya in East Java. Because of its geographical condition, the temperature there is lower than in Surabaya. People from other cities like to go to Malang, especially Batu, to spend their holidays and enjoy the fresh air there.

Malang is located near Batu, a small town full of popular tourist destinations. Batu is a beautiful town although it is less busy than Malang, except in the holiday. Batu is surrounded by green fields and hills. Batu has a lot of amusement parks, such as Secret Zoo, BNS, and Museum Angkut. There are also many cottages if we want to stay longer and enjoy the night life of Batu.

Besides Batu, Malang also catches tourists’ attention because of the beauty of its city and culture. Malang has some adorable parks in the city’s downtown. The architecture in Malang is unique and classic as some buildings are still in the European style. What’s more, Malang has interesting culture, for instance, topeng Malangan and some traditional dances. Once in a year, the government holds an event called Malang Tempo Dulu to remind people about Malang culture and history.

Over all, I like living in Malang because it is less crowded than Surabaya. I feel like living in peace since I don't need to stuck in a severe traffic jam, be in rush all the time, or even get annoyed by the flood. Malang is my home that I can never forget.

2 comments:

  1. I like Malang, because it's colder than Surabaya, Gabyy read mine too + comment >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gaby! I like your hometown very much. But still, my hometown is the best city! hahaha.. Your hometown is the best city for travelling. That's why I like it. Malang has so many beaches and waterfalls. I prefer those places than malls or amusement parks. Although I lived in Malang 3 years, I have not visited all of them yet. If I were you, I would spend my whole holidays to visit them. I will be very excited if you want explore your hometown with me. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete