Thursday, May 19, 2016

My Reflection


May, 13 2016

Today was the last meeting of the Writing 1 class. It is almost the end of the second semester and it is nearly a year that I have been living in Surabaya. I have witnessed a lot of things in my first year as a university student whether they are my own experiences or others’. Everything seemed very interesting at first, but now the novelty is gone. Despite that fact, I keep enjoying my new life as an independent student far from home.

Frankly, I am excited to join writing class as I really want to be capable enough to produce good writing such as prose and poetry. By attending this class, I got some important knowledge about how to be a good writer. This semester I was learning about description and narrative texts. They were not as simple as I thought to be learned, but I was encouraged to study them more.

On the last midterm test, I was sad because I did not get very satisfying grade on my writing test. It showed that my performance in the writing test declined away from the first semester. I have not found out what my mistakes were behind that grade. However, I supposed that they might be technical problems since I was sure that an idea could not be judged, could it?

Anyway, next Monday I am going to face the final test on Writing 1. This time I will absolutely try my best and hope that my test will be better than the latest one. On the next test, I am going to write a narrative text which is not going to be easy. Everyone must have an idea, but the real problem is that not all people are able to apply their ideas by arranging words. I often face the same problem. I am only able to think of many brilliant ideas, but I cannot make it real on my writing.

Thank goodness, it seemed that my lecturer knew about our main problem in writing. Therefore, he told us about how important a draft was. He reminded us how to make a good draft so that we could use that draft in our writing. At the beginning, I thought that it was useless and wasting time, but I wanted to prove it. I thought that it was true that it would be better to prepare than get lost in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. I will always help you, when you need me, Gaby. We can discussing about everything you want.

    ReplyDelete